Happy National Pizza Day!
I didn’t know that yesterday was National Pizza Day. So to celebrate, why not post a recipe about pizza?
Pizza is seriously amazing. It can be made in a variety of ways from Hawaiian style to deep dish New York or Chicago style. Some can have meat or be completely vegetarian. In any case, its just awesome. I tried my hand at making a pizza from scratch. Do you have a favorite topping or crust like thin, hand tossed, cauliflower, or even stuffed with delicious goodness? Comment below!
I used a toaster oven to cook mine but can definitely use a regular oven too, specially if your making a larger sized pizza.
Basil Pesto Chicken Pizza
- Enjoy life pizza crust mix (or any pizza dough works!)
- Basil pesto
- Garlic powder
- Oil of choice
- Bell pepper chopped
- Red onion thinly sliced
- A handful or two of baby spinach leaves
- Cooked shredded chicken
- Make pizza dough according to directions on box mix.
- Cut bell peppers, red onion, and wash spinach leaves and vegetables.
- Once dough is ready and cooked, spread a thin layer of your basil pesto before adding your bell peppers, shredded chicken, and red onion slices.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, oil, and oregano over the pizza lightly.
- Put pizza back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or till fully cooked according to your mix’s instructions.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!