Since I am visiting my family for the holidays, one of the evening meals was pasta night. Since I have difficulty with nightshades, that makes it pretty difficult overall to partake in the simple spaghetti and meatballs. Hence, a new recipe was born!
Lemon-Garlic Chicken Spaghetti with Spinach! I used Trader Joe’s brown rice spaghetti noodles with some minced garlic and a juicy large lemon. Of course also used salt and pepper to help add to the flavor too.
To create the lemon garlic sauce, I remembered a recipe I found on Pinterest awhile back about a rosemary, lemon, and garlic chicken dish. It came out pretty amazing I must say and did help inspire this recipe. You can find this recipe here: Roasted Chicken with Lemon, Garlic, and Rosemary
Anyways, below you can find my version that is a great substitute for a pasta night with your family and friends!
Lemon-Garlic Chicken Spaghetti with Spinach
- Minced garlic (4 cloves)
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Gluten-free brown rice spaghetti noodles
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and diced into bite-sized pieces
- Handful of spinach
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Olive oil approx 2tbs + a drizzle in reserve for the end if needed.
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken on baking sheet then place in oven for about 30 minutes to bake.
- Bring water for spaghetti to a boil in a medium saucepan before adding spaghetti and cooking al denti according to package instructions.
- Stir noodles occasionally but make sure to not overcook! Once spaghetti is done, drain the water and rinse noodles in cold water to stop the cooking process. Then set aside if the chicken is still cooking.
- While your chicken and spaghetti are cooking, slice and juice 1 large lemon into a bowl. Then take your garlic cloves and mince them.
- Add the minced garlic to your lemon juice and stir to combine. You can add a dash of salt and pepper to it too at this point. Set aside.
- Rinse your spinach and set aside.
- Once your chicken breasts are fully cooked, place them on a cutting board and dice into bite-sized pieces. Add this plus your olive oil to a medium or large frying pan.
- Use medium heat till chicken browns on the outside and starts getting crispy.
- Then add your noodles, spinach, lemon garlic mixture, salt and pepper in the frying pan. You might need a bit more olive oil at this point so drizzle enough in so your food does not burn.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until spinach is reduced and everything is hot.
- Add to a bowl or two if sharing and enjoy!