Easy Chocolate Chip and Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten Free, and Allergy Friendly)
This week while perusing social media (aka Facebook), I saw this really interesting set of pancake recipes from Buzzfeed. They had a set of about four recipes including peaches, blueberries, mixed berries, and banana chocolate chip. It looked really easy and good so I thought about how to change it to a vegan, gluten free, and allergy friendly diet. As you can see below, it’s pretty easy.
Though I must admit, I have the hardest time flipping pancakes. As funny as it is, this recipe is absolute perfection for my lack of flipping skills in the kitchen.
Now as I was looking at the ingredients, it seemed pretty easy overall. You have a dry pancake mix, eggs, milk, and toppings. It’s pretty easy overall to substitute the eggs and milk for vegan versions. For me, I used home made hemp milk and flax eggs to replace those two. The pancake mix I used was from Namaste though you can use any pre-made mix or even your own dry mix. Also, since my baking sheet is small, I halved the recipe and it still came out perfect. Below is the half recipe. For the full recipe, you can find it on Buzzfeed here. The directions are pretty much the same as the original recipe. I just used a smaller temperature in the oven.
- 2 cups Pancake Dry Mix
- 1 cup Nondairy Milk
- 2 Flax Eggs
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line your baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In the meantime, grind a couple tablespoons of flax seeds into a flaxseed meal. Add 5 tablespoons of water to 2 tablespoons of the flaxseed meal in a bowl. Stir and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken.
- In your electric mixer (or bowl), add all ingredients except your toppings. Then mix together.
- Pour the batter into the sheet pan and spread to the edges. Add your toppings then place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Once fully cooked, serve immediately and enjoy!