Happy National Coffee Milkshake Day!!!
Normally I am a big tea drinker but as of late I have been drinking home made coffee smoothies (I know not exactly a milkshake sorta but it’s coffee so I get a free pass?) and iced coffee for a quick pick-me-up. Of course, being as close to nondairy and allergy friendly as possible has made coming up with ideas for flavoring pretty fun.
So to celebrate this really cool, unofficial (though it would be awesome for it to be an official holiday) holiday, I have come up with an easy-to-make recipe for a simple and quick iced coffee. I’ve also included a link to my Vegan Hemp Coffee Smoothie too. All using nondairy and allergy friendly ingredients.
So! For the first recipe is the coffee smoothie which you can find here on my blog: Vegan Coffee Hemp Smoothie
Now, onto my simple iced coffee recipe.
Simple Iced Coffee
- 1/4-1 cup Nondairy milk
- 1 Tbs Instant decaf coffee
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup (or so) Ice
- Vanilla extract to taste
- 1 packet of stevia or 1 Tsp of sweetener of choice
- Make your coffee according to directions on the coffee container (or if you use a Keurig or another coffee maker, use 1 of those cups and use a small cup setting.).
- Let your coffee cool to room temperature or place in the fridge.
- Once your coffee is cool, add your nondairy milk, vanilla extract, and ice in a glass then pour your cooled coffee on top. Adjust the vanilla and any sweetener to taste.
- Stir and enjoy!
Optional: Try adding different extracts for a variety of flavors! Ex. Mint.