Trying to figure out what to make for breakfast can be challenging. It’s more challenging when you have food allergies or intolerances amongst other dietary restrictions.
Even though this recipe isn’t completely Top 8 Allergen friendly, you can replace ingredients to easily work with your diet.
Vegan Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use gluten free oats)
- 2 Tbs of organic light brown sugar
- 2 tsp (approximately) of ground cinnamon
- 1 small sweet apple like Fuji or Gala
- 1/2-1 cup of hemp milk
- A dash of vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients (except the apple) to a bowl with a lid.
- Mix together then cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, dice the apple into small bite-sized pieces before adding to your oatmeal.
Some additional options to try:
- Protein powder (suggest either unflavoured or vanilla)
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds