I wanted to share with you all an easy (and vegan!) breakfast that is high in protein and healthy.
As you may be aware, a good breakfast is ideal to help balance your day and having plenty of protein can help you stay fuller longer. Plus the benefits of blueberries being one of the best fruits with fiber and other nutrients adds to this ideal breakfast.
This breakfast oatmeal has quite a bit of protein. Not only from the home made hemp milk but also organic hemp protein drink powder. This protein powder I found on Vitacost (vitacost brand) and not too expensive but a heads up, it does have an earthy taste. If you have a different protein powder, you can certainly try it with this recipe. You might just need to adjust the flavoring if you do.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup hemp milk
- 1 tbs hemp protein powder
- 1/2-1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
- Add first four ingredients into a mason jar or other container.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon to taste then mix contents together.
- Place lid on container and put in the refrigerator overnight.